How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19169
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently resigned from Archia Homes in Duxbury, MA. I

Customer Question

I recently resigned from Archia Homes in Duxbury, MA.
I worked there a week. 01/11/2016 - 01/15/2016,
payday was 01/21/2016. I have not received a check as of yet?
I've contacted the owner Peter Stames daily. He claims the check was mailed Saturday
I live in Kingston, MA. the next town over, I have not received my check yet.
what recourse do I have to0 get paid?
Bob Hutchinson(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You should file a wage complaint against the employer for failure to pay wages. You can file that through your state's Attorney General office here:

It's a free process that the government undertakes to force employers to pay wages when they are owed.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

For some reason this is saying that it is waiting for expert action, so I am posting this to resolve that issue.

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.