Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

I recently resigned from Archia Homes in Duxbury, MA. I

Customer Question

I recently resigned from Archia Homes in Duxbury, MA.
I worked there a week. 01/11/2016 - 01/15/2016,
payday was 01/21/2016. I have not received a check as of yet?
I've contacted the owner Peter Stames daily. He claims the check was mailed Saturday
I live in Kingston, MA. the next town over, I have not received my check yet.
what recourse do I have to0 get paid?
Bob Hutchinson(###) ###-####
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You should file a wage complaint against the employer for failure to pay wages. You can file that through your state's Attorney General office here:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/doing-business-in-massachusetts/labor-laws-and-public-construction/file-a-wage-complaint.html

It's a free process that the government undertakes to force employers to pay wages when they are owed.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

For some reason this is saying that it is waiting for expert action, so I am posting this to resolve that issue.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.