Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss lied to her that I harassed another employee and I…

Customer Question
My boss lied to her...
My boss lied to her that I harassed another employee and I didn't ..this all because I got tired of doing her work my work I kept telling him my supervisor she was not doing any of her work she was leaving it all for me to do and also I just had started in Nov so I haven't got my 90 days in she has been there longer then me it was like him and her were just taking advantage of me because I was new and also him and her were messing around I sent her a text not a bad one e at all I just told her I was tired of doing her job and trying to do my job to and she could show the text to my boss and supervisor I'm done being pushed over that's it ...she tells him about it she gets mad cuss at me calls me names and quits next day she sends me a very long texts cussing me out very mean I tell my supervisor he tells him next thing I know I'm wrote up for harassment and I'm told I had to sign it i was scared I didn't have my 90 days but I feel so sad because I'm wrote up for speaking up because I was tired of doing her job
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am very sorry to hear this. These types of situations are fairly common. You may want to consider speaking to an employment law attorney in your area who could evaluate whether you may be able to pursue a claim for what is called a "hostile work environment." Employees should feel safe and comfortable when doing their jobs and this type of harassment and behavior by them may give rise to a claim.