Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can an employer charge an employee and withold both FiCA…

Customer Question
Can an employer charge an...
Can an employer charge an employee and withold both FiCA tarp r's, i.e. The employees share and the employers share?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/23/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

No they cannot do this.The law also requires the employer to pay the employer's portion of two of these taxes:

• a 6.2 percent Social Security tax; and
  • a 1.45 percent Medicare tax (the “regular” Medicare tax).

Thia mounts to tax fraud, report them here.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

Employer here is required to pay this not you the employee.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

This is the actual form you turn in here.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

Please report this the employer can be fined and prosecuted for doing this.