Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently filed an application via computer through the…

Customer Question
Good morning, I recently filed an...
Good morning,
I recently filed an application for unemployment via computer through
the proper channels, and have my first two weekly benefits payments.
Yesterday I received a notice that I may have quit my position with Ten Masters
Properties. I have Three pages to fill out and fax back.
In this case and after I had worked for Ten Masters for over 17 years they sold
the hotel to Newark Hotels Inc on or about July 26th when the deal closed.
I could no longer work for Ten masters as they sold the hotel and there were no positions for anyone in Ten masters as there is more company! So it would have been
impossible for me to quit Ten Masters!
The notice I received yesterday was dated 1 / 18 /2016 and I am to complete the
questionair and have it back to them in 7 days! Four of those days have already passed
and I have no fax to send them, leaving me to miss the time frame.
I will be 72 years old in April and have been in bed with pnumonia for two days ,
making it impossible to get back the forms in a timely fashion.
Thats why I believe anyone can see they sold the hotel in July and I filed for benefits in mid December.
I am very distraught, could you please help me, I would appreciate it so much, I need that money to pay my bills.
David M. Scuteri(###) ###-####
Thank you, ***** ***** shaking over this!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, we cannot represent you in any case, that is forbidden by state law. However, you must reply to the notice in time or you lose your right to appeal. I know you have been sick, but it is not a complicated matter to fill it out and say in there just what you said above, your company was bought out and you were not offered any new employment, so you did not quit, you were terminated through no fault of your own.
I know you may want someone from here to do this for you, but legally we are forbidden from doing so. You are going to have to get someone to go to your local office supply store or local mail box store to fax this for you though, because you cannot miss that deadline.