Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My husband and I own a used car lot with around 75 vehicles.

Customer Question

My husband and I own a used car lot with around 75 vehicles. He recently hired a young man that has been released from the Texas Department of Corrections. He is either on parole or some type of probation because he has to report in once a month. Being around all the young people here I have picked up information that this young man is purchasing strips of Suboxene which I believe is a Schedule I, Class A narcotic. He does not have a prescription for this medication. My husband does not believe what I tell him however I know it to be the truth. I have overheard the young adults talking about how he bargains with people for a discount or attempts to purchase them in bulk. He passes his urine tests at the probation office because Suboxene is a different type of drug that requires a specific test. Only certain doctors can prescribe it. What can I do about this? I don't like it at all. Help.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Texas is an at-will state and you can fire him at any time with or without cause. If his parole officer or probation officer contacts you you can mention it to him, but I would not recommend you reach out to his probation officer on your own otherwise he might have a claim against you and the dealership.