Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My husband and I own a used car lot with around 75 vehicles.

Customer Question
He recently hired a young...
My husband and I own a used car lot with around 75 vehicles. He recently hired a young man that has been released from the Texas Department of Corrections. He is either on parole or some type of probation because he has to report in once a month. Being around all the young people here I have picked up information that this young man is purchasing strips of Suboxene which I believe is a Schedule I, Class A narcotic. He does not have a prescription for this medication. My husband does not believe what I tell him however I know it to be the truth. I have overheard the young adults talking about how he bargains with people for a discount or attempts to purchase them in bulk. He passes his urine tests at the probation office because Suboxene is a different type of drug that requires a specific test. Only certain doctors can prescribe it. What can I do about this? I don't like it at all. Help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Texas is an at-will state and you can fire him at any time with or without cause. If his parole officer or probation officer contacts you you can mention it to him, but I would not recommend you reach out to his probation officer on your own otherwise he might have a claim against you and the dealership.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer