Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I have been a salaried employee with a month off in the summer
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I have been a salaried employee with a month off in the summer my paycheck would be paid over 24 installments (15th and 30th) my employer now wants to switch me to a 12 month hourly employee and 3 wee… read more
Can a non-exempt employee be salaried? Can the salary be distributed
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Can a non-exempt employee be salaried? Can the salary be distributed over the course of a year? This would include tracking the hours worked per week and if the employee exceeds forty hours per week w… read more
Can my boss make me work for another company in addition to
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
Can my boss make me work for another company in addition to my full time job, whose payroll I am NOT on, for no additional pay without consulting me?… read more
I am an Oregon employer. I want to change a salary employee
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am an Oregon employer. I want to change a salary employee to hourly. Can I make this change without notice to the employee? They are not under any sort of contract etc. Main issue is the employee is… read more
Ive worked at the same office for 23 years and have always
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I've worked at the same office for 23 years and have always been a salaried employee. last month they swithched me to hourly without telling me. Is this legal… read more
I work as an office manager for medical practice for the last
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I work as an office manager for medical practice for the last five years.. I want to be placed on salary versus hourly pay, since I find it mor to my avantage. I regularly work in excess of 45 hours p… read more
I am a salaried employee in Illinois working for a hospital.
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I am a salaried employee in Illinois working for a hospital. I also was hired last year as a RN at the same hospital as a hourly employee. I am now being told that I can not work at the same hospital … read more
I was classified by my employer for the last 5 years as a Salary
RobertJDFL, Attorney
I was classified by my employer for the last 5 years as a Salary employee. This last July, the reclassified me to Salary non-exempt. They now want to classify me to hourly. What is the legal way to re… read more
I have three employees that I am considering reducing their
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I have three employees that I am considering reducing their hours per week for financial reasons - we wre running a 15-30k deficit per month and have past due recieveable in the 350k over 90 days past… read more
According to Federal Labor laws, is it permissable to pay Chinese
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
According to Federal Labor laws, is it permissable to pay "Chinese Overtime" or half salary rate to Non-Exempt Salaried employees for hours worked over 40? Let's assume a non-exempt salaried person ea… read more
I have worked for the same company for 25 years, and after 5 of those years earned the rig
LadyJustice
LadyJustice, Attorney & Counselor At Law
I have worked for the same company for 25 years, and after 5 of those years earned the right to have 3 weeks paid vacation. In January, my boss cut my days of work from 5 to 3; does this mean he doesn… read more
I was considered a salary worker until a few weeks ago. I now
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I was considered a salary worker until a few weeks ago. I now have become an hourly paid employee. My employer says that because I used to be salaried my work week is considered to be a 45 hour week a… read more
was on salary at a rate of 36 per hr for last 3 years. employer
Ellen, Attorney
was on salary at a rate of 36 per hr for last 3 years. employer kept offering me hourly instead of salary if i wanted it, which i finally did two months ago. just realized that employer dropped my pay… read more
We are a restaurant company operating a business in a theater
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
We are a restaurant company operating a business in a theater complex. For about 3 months of the year, the theaters are dark and so the restaurant is closed. We have a service manager who qualifies in… read more
Is there a federal or NY state law pertaining to an employers
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Is there a federal or NY state law pertaining to an employers ability,or lack there of, to change an employee's pay from a salary to hourly wage? Instead of laying me off or firing me,my employer chos… read more
My sister is salaried exempt and her company wants her to take
Len
Len, Attorney at Law
My sister is salaried exempt and her company wants her to take 2 days off without pay. I am unable to find the FLSA rule that prohibits this.… read more
I work for a large auto insurance company based in CA. There
Counselor
Counselor, Doctoral Degree
I work for a large auto insurance company based in CA. There are hourly employees and salaried employees. Everyone's work week has always been 37 hours. We recently changed to 40 hours/wk. The hourly … read more
I am a Salaried/Exempt employee and work for a company in alabama
MichaelK
MichaelK, Senior Counsel
I am a Salaried/Exempt employee and work for a company in alabama that has promised Salaried/Exempt employees overtime pay in lieu of higher salaries upon hiring. This hiring practice has affected man… read more