How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33553
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to file a harassment case against a co-worker.

Customer Question

I would like to file a sexual harassment case against a co-worker. I am a caregiver, I reported my case to my agency even at the beginning of my job and they did not do anything about it and a couple of nights ago the agency called me to terminate my services. This person who was sexually harassing me gave the client I was working for to the agency, and because I do not cooperate with this co-worker they did this co-worker a big favor by terminating my services..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this service under the legal aid services?
What are the chances of winning a case like mine? What are the steps you are going to take?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

No, our service has nothing to do with Legal Aid. All of the experts are independent and our agreement with the website prohibits any of the experts from taking cases that originate on the website. All we can do is provide information on legal topics.

If there is a specific question you need answered, then we can do that but if you are looking for someone to take your case you would need to look elsewhere.

With that in mind, do you have a specific question with which I could assist?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

We need to continue in this thread until the issue is completed. I saw you posted another question so I'll copy it here and address it here rather than having multiple threads open.

Is your service Atty Dwayne part of the legal aid services? What are the chances of winning this case? What are the expenses I would expect? How long is this process?

No, we have nothing to do with Legal Aid.

Assuming you can prove that you were sexually harassed (usually this is just a matter of whether or not the judge or jury believes you) then you should have a good chance of winning.

You have to start your case by filing a charge of discrimination/harassment with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. You can get the information about the closest office at

Once they investigate they will likely issue you a "right to sue" letter and at that point you can file a lawsuit either for yourself or through an attorney. However, you MUST file with the EEOC first or you won't be able to file the lawsuit and you only have a limited time to file with the EEOC.

Related Employment Law Questions