Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Is it a fact that medicare requires an employee to be paid a…

Customer Question
Is it a fact that...
Is it a fact that medicare requires an employee to be paid a set amount annually. In other words I can not vary the amount paid such as a bonus for extra work. Please give me the cite if the above is true.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

There can be increased premium costs for certain medicare plans under the Medicare Modernization Act and the Affordable care act. https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10536.pdf

Here is some more information. http://www.seniorcorps.org/medicare/does-my-income-affect-my-medicare-benefits/

ons thing is to considef whether the extra work does affect the income threaholds to increase the premium.

One thing to consider whether the extra work does even take you past the income threshold that increase the premium.

Thanks for signing up for our service. If you still need assistance, I'm here to help. If not, could you kindly "accept" the answer and rate it so that I can be credited and can close it out?