Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work a 12 job. My question is can your employer take away…

Customer Question
Hi.I work a 12 job...
Hi.I work a 12 job. My question is can your employer take away your paid time off if you have worked your required schedule and called off because of a personal illness on the same week but if you had not been ill it would have been an extra day of work?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/20/2016
Employment Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Just to make sure I have a grasp of the situation:

1. The day they are trying to take your leave time away was an unscheduled work day?

2. Did you have a physician's excuse?

3. Are you an hourly or salaried employee?

4. Does your employer separate medical days and vacation days in their rules, policies or procedures?

I look forward to hearing back from you and providing assistance.

Thanks!