Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If you retire from a company with a private pension

Customer Question
plan(defined benefit) and then a...
If you retire from a company with a private pension plan(defined benefit) and then a few years later they want to hire you again what happens with the pension from alegal perspective
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Two questions, please.

1) How old would the person be at time of being rehired?

2) Is this a 401k? Or an IRA? Or some other of pension?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.