Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am corporate officer in Ct but have. Received no pay years…

Customer Question
I am corporate officer in...
I am corporate officer in Ct but have. Received no pay for many years this year i received ?4000.00 and reported these earnings to unemployment...I worked for another co and earned 24,000.00 as an employee these i rported to unemploymrnt and paid...in Dec i made a claim to unemployment for the $24,000 job but made no claim for the cororate $ since i did not think i was eligible fou ui ins...both companys closed in december until june was i corredt?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Actually, no. Any income that you received, was to be reported as income. it does not matter whether this was temporary or not, salary or hourly, and if the company has already closed.

So this should have been reported.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Ely, Counselor at Law