Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How do I go about suing a company I work me emotional

Customer Question
how do I go about...
how do I go about suing a company I work for causing me emotional distress and physical illness due to this?ive went to an above store leader and nothing has been done
Details here: http://www.justanswer.com/employment-law/9i4cy-legal-iowa-pay-less-minimum-wage.html#re.v/456/
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

You can file the wage complaint as follows.

You can file a claim with the Division of Labor Services. This can be done by filling out a Wage Claim Form. The filing should include as much information and documentation as possible. This process can be completed with or without an attorney.

Additional information on filing a wage claim is available at http://www.iowadivisionoflabor.gov/wage-payment-collection-and-minimum-wage.

You can also sue the employer here for such damages and seek a judgment for all.You can file in small claims yourself.The limits there are $5k.If you want to sue for more you will need a lawyer to file such a suit.

You can locate one here

http://www.lawyers.com/iowa/find-law-firms-by-city/

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.