How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41593
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about suing a company I work me emotional

Customer Question

how do I go about suing a company I work for causing me emotional distress and physical illness due to this?ive went to an above store leader and nothing has been done
Details here:
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

You can file the wage complaint as follows.

You can file a claim with the Division of Labor Services. This can be done by filling out a Wage Claim Form. The filing should include as much information and documentation as possible. This process can be completed with or without an attorney.

Additional information on filing a wage claim is available at

You can also sue the employer here for such damages and seek a judgment for all.You can file in small claims yourself.The limits there are $5k.If you want to sue for more you will need a lawyer to file such a suit.

You can locate one here

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.