Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a 47 years old Caucasian male in nj that was terminated…

Customer Question
I am a 47 years...
I am a 47 years old Caucasian male in nj that was terminated policy violation. I did not violate the policy and was given no proof that I did. I was never "written up" and have won numerous awards with the company. About six months ago I asked for a transfer to another district and was denied. Since then my manager has been asking me to fire an elderly woman and a woman with cystic fibrosis. They are both stellar performers. I brought up the fact that it could be against the law and she said "" just do it and let HR handle it". I refused. Also she has been hiring younger managers and paying them more money with no experience. Am I justified in filing an EEOC or DOL claim?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
1/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Can you tell me what state are you in?

And are you a union employee?