Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a miscarriage due to a manager bumping into me. I told

Customer Question

I had a miscarriage due to a manager bumping into me. I told everyone i was pregnant. Prior to that my boss tells me that since im pregnant it puts him in a bind.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your miscarriage.

What is your specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me explain the situation. On Sunday i was at work and a manager rammed the back of me forcing my stomach into a table. I got home and noticed that I had started bleeding. The next morning i called in and told the opening chef what had happened to me on Sunday and i told him i was going to the er. I went to the er and they said to come back in 3 days and they would tell me if i had miscarriaged. The following day i work up and was getting ready to go and take my fiancee to work and i started feeling dizzy and light headed. I told him to go ahead i wasnt feeling well. Less than 2hrs later i had had my baby in my hallway in front of my 2yr old. My fiancee and I work at the same company and when he told them i was miscarriaging they tried to make him stay anyway and they told him to call me an uber. Do i have a suit for the loss of my child and the disrespect the chef gave us.

Thank you for the information.

In order to sue the company for the miscarriage, you need to get opinion of an obstetrician as to the cause of the miscarriage. If it is the opinion of the obstetrician that the bumping into you could have caused the miscarriage, then you need to obtain the services of a local personal injury to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com