How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116777
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a retired combat disabled Marine Corps Veteran who was

Customer Question

I am a retired combat disabled Marine Corps Veteran who was wrongfully terminated from federal employment on 16 Nov 2015. I worked in unsafe and hostile working conditions in which the leadership new that overstimulated and aggravated my mental and physical war related symptoms. After whistleblowing to the chain-of-command and other Agencies (Department of Defense Inspector General (DoD IG) and Office of Special Counsel (OSC) of wrongdoing [i.e., unsafe/hostile working conditions, abusive title of position/authority, illegal/unfair hiring practices] documented in a Command Climate Survey (2014)]; whereby 26 employees have left the workplace, and I was issued 12 personnel actions in an eleven month period (Aug 2014 - July 2015), before being terminated in November 2015. The agency's unsafe and hostile working enviornmet drove me to the point of having to be admitted into a PTSD inpatient clinic (Aug - Oct 2015). Among other violations of law and regulations, I can prove that the agency violated my 1st (free speech regarding communicating protected disclosures) , 5th (double jeopardy) and 14 (due process) amendment rights as well as American Disability Act (agency denied my request for accommodations), and the Veterans Preference Act; whereby the agency arbitrarily and capriciously hired an unqualified employee, whom in turn hired her domestic partner without advertising either of these Contract Specialist positions in accordance with law and regulations). The agency wants to settle with me with a written agreement that I say that I am being removed due to a medical inability to perform, only if I drop all potential criminal complaints/cases that I've filed against the agency with DoD, OSC, and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB). Due to financial constraints, I am representing myself in both adjudication and possible litigation matters. Is there any Pro Bono Lawyer willing to possibly represent me, so that I do not have to take a bribe, and ensure that the agency? I love the Marine Corps and do not want to see it being degraded by a few corrupted military and civilian individuals who only cares for themselves and not the people that they are supposed to be leading. I was willing to die for my country and corps, and may have to go in alone to fight this battle which has and will be very stressful. Again, are there any bro bono lawyers out their willing to assist?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but the state laws forbid any expert from this site from representing anyone on this site.
To find a local pro bono attorney (they are hard to find for this type of case I am sorry to say) would require you to contact the VA Bar and ask them for the lawyers in their pro bono program in your specific area.
You may also need to call around to a few private attorneys to see if you could convince them to take your case on a contingency fee basis (you have a better chance of this than finding a pro bono attorney) whereby they take their fee out of money they win for you and you can do that at the same site used by other attorneys,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried both courses of actions within the state of Virginia, and no luck. I will go Pro Se Appellant. Thank you for your honest answer. Is it possible to just pay the $47 fee? I was hoping to ask legal questions as my case went along; but feel that I would be wasting lawyer valuable time. I have no other legal issues to present for $57/month.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you can ask specific questions from us and as a subscription customer your one time fee allows you to post questions in multiple categories and ask multiple questions for the same one fee (please do not forget that even though you are a subscription customer you still have to leave positive feedback so the expert who is not an employee of this site gets credit for time spent with you and it is included in the subscription).
As your case goes along and questions come up as a subscription customer you can continue to post your questions here to get answers without paying more than that one subscription fee each month.