How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work or unfortunately worked at a cricket wireless store.

Customer Question

I work or unfortunately worked at a cricket wireless store. Recently where a little over 2 thpusand dollars came up missing in the the solution for them to this was to take all the employees commission chexks....can that legally be done? Should by business have insurance for that kind of thing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Commission checks are wages, the employer cannot take employee wages without written consent of the employee and also the employer would need proof of who took the money. Failure to pay wages is grounds to file a complaint with the state department of labor or US department of labor wage and hour divisions and you can seek to recover not only the wages due but an amount equal to the wages due plus any attorney's fees as liquidated damages for the employer not properly paying wages due.