How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19319
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am considering requesting personal leave from my position.

Customer Question

I am considering requesting personal leave from my position. ( I am a nurse in a assitant clinical manager position. I have graduated from school in 1975.) These are recent problems. Currently I am having considerable stress with my manager and it is not going well. I am required to go to EAP which I have complied with but nothing seems good enough. I do have a medical history for a brain tumor now treated and in remission. Any suggestions. I feel like I have a target on me that will not end well if this continues. I have worked for this institution since 1978. My Boss just called me at work and told me that she was having chest pain. If Idid not improve or if I am late again I will be walked out from my job. Somehow I am the cause of her chest pain.. Her cardiac hx has little to do with me and I get upset when somehow I get tied into the cause of her symptoms. Thanks for your thoughts on this situation. Jeanne. I can be emailed at***@******.***.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

It will be prudent to request for Family and Medical Leave. You need to get documentation from your physician that you are experiencing too much stress from your work and thus, it is necessary for you to take a medical leave.