How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2171
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a divorce. My husband and I own a

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce. My husband and I own a business in which we are 50/50 shareholders.
My husband's daughter works for us as a manager. She is not staying neutral in our divorce. Although, I have asked her to & she claimed she would.
She has overstepped her boundaries by:
1) Attending my husband's appointments with his attorney.
2) Getting involved in our personal and business banking and finances.
3) Changing my husband's beneficiary on his life insurance (paid by the business) putting herself in my place.
4) Changing mine and also my husband's personal banking information, so that it is mailed to her house.
5) Attempted to attend a meeting with our attorneys and a forensic accountant I hired. I texted her and told her not to come. She came, but sat in the outside office.
6) Is not following our usual processes, but working for her Dad during business hours. Giving unauthorized raises to employees..etc.
My son also works for us, but has stayed neutral and is conducting business as usual.
Can I fire her? We are in California
Judy Gillespie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can fire her but my fear is that she is going to retaliate with a wrongful termination claim just to complicate matters.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

A better approach would be to file an injunction to ask the judge to limit her involvement in the case and to prevent your ex spouse from allowing her from interfering in your case.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you have any further questions, let us know. If you can "accept" the answer, then I can close it out and if you are inclined, a positive rating would be appreciated.