Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Do potential employers have access to medical records from a

Customer Question
rehab stay...
Do potential employers have access to medical records from a rehab stay
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
1/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

HIPPA is a federal law that keeps your private medical records just that, private. Your employer should not have access to this information and the hospital or any physician could get in sever trouble with fines from the government if your rights under the law are ignored. So the answer is no, your employers do not have access.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer