How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 39187
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just curious. I am pending a job offer (telecommute

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. Just curious. I am pending a job offer (telecommute corporate travel agent) in Colorado from a company based out of Pennsylvania. Can this type of company still use my credit report to not hire me? I have bad to terrible credit. I will telecommute from Colorado.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I applied for the job. I think its pending my background check. My credit is bad. I live in Colorado and will work from here too. The company is based out of Pennsylvania. There are consumer laws about this in Colorado, but not Pennsylvania.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Employment Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Colorado law controls if you are employed "in" Colorado. This is the same whether or not the issue is payroll tax, unemployment insurance, or any other employment-related issue. The law of the jurisdiction in which the employee is substantially employed controls the employee's rights.

If your rights are violated, you can file a complaint at this link.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!