How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 42879
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a heart attack and will be off work at least 6

Customer Question

I have had a heart attack and will be off work at least 6 weeks. I work a minimum wage job which is my only income and have no benefits. Is there some type of temp help I can receive?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You can file for food stamps here called SNAP and medicaid.You may also qualify for TANF.Thats a cash payment to you as well.

Reference to TANF--Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.

I would apply for all of them here to help you through this time.I am so sorry you are having to go through this.




You can try all of these to get you income and benefits during this time.I wish you the best here.Thanks again.