Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

My employer is starting a manufacturing division in India. I

Customer Question

My employer is starting a manufacturing division in India. I am a supervisor for the engineers that repair the line equipment and have been with the company for more than 30 years. I have never been required to travel on behalf of the company. Can I be required to travel to India to supervise the new Indian staff?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, the employer has a right to demand the employee travel as necessary to accomplish their employment needs. So if the employer needs you to travel, they can make you travel and if you want you can negotiate with the employer to not let you travel, but ultimately it is their decision.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.
Thank you for your reply.
Did you have any further additional questions?
If not, please do not forget to leave positive feedback for the expert as the experts are not employees of this site and as such get no credit for spending time with customers unless the customer clicks on the 4-5 stars at the top of their page. Thank you.