Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

A FALSE POSITIVE DRUG TEST AT WORK
, YES I RECENTLY

Customer Question

Customer: A FALSE POSITIVE DRUG TEST AT WORK
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: YES I RECENTLY BEGAN TAKING A VENUS FLY TRAP SUPPLEMENT(CARINIVORA) I BELIEVE IT GAVE ME A POSITIVE THC RESULT
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would bear the burden of proof that this caused a false positive. There is no conclusive proof that carinivora causes any false positive tests, so you need to get a retest on your sample to seek to see whether or not the carinivora can even be detected in the sample on its own. They will need to a mass spectrum analysis to separate the compounds to determine if the reading came from the natural supplement.