How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5571
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I have to file my claim with the EEOC (Equal Employment

Customer Question

Do I have to file my claim with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunities Commission) before trying to bring it to federal court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you do not file a charge with the EEOC and be issued a right to sue letter, your complain in federal court will be dismissed. Without you filing such charge with the EEOC, the federal court must dismiss the claim because you have not exhausted your administrative remedy.

Related Employment Law Questions