How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  In-House Counsel & Litigator
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What should I do? I have a workplace violence cover up case.

Customer Question

What should I do? I have a workplace violence cover up case. I was verbal and physical attack by a co-worker. I file a complaint with management which they try to stall my complaint hoping that I would drop it. I constantly push the issue about my complaint I filed about the altercation. Management wanted to hold me partly responsible for the physical assault that was done to me and wanted me to accept an agreement they written up to take part blame. I refuse the agreement and was later terminated for refusing their agreement offer. Thank you, ***** ***** suggestion!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

First off, I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue. As you likely know, when a person is employed at will they can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all. Therefore, most terminations are legally defensible. That said, you case may fall into the category that is not legally defensible.

There is an exception to lawful termination of an at will employee when the termination violated public policy. In this case, the public policy would be that you cannot or should not terminate an employee when that employee is the recipient of workplace violence and just asked for something to be done about it.

As such, you have a cause of action for wrongful termination in view of the public policy exception. I cannot tell you that this is a sure fire win of a case, but I can tell you that you have a legitimate cause of action that could result in you receiving damages and attorney.

You have been wronged and the employer was legally in the wrong and not within their rights to terminate you in view of the facts that you have shared with me.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please rate my answer positively (three or more stars) as well.

Best wishes going forward!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know have a legit case. I just don't know what to do next or what Attorneys would handle my case. Do you have any law firm names in Atlanta Georgia that would handle my case?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

It does indeed sound like you have a legit case here. You need an attorney that specializes in handling employment matters for plaintiffs. Jack Rosenberg in Metro Atlanta is a great employment law attorney. His number is (404)(###) ###-####/a>.

If for some reason he cannot help you, ask that he refer you to someone that can help you. The employment law attorney community, even in a place the size of Atlanta is pretty small.

Let me know if you have any other questions and please rate my answer positively as well.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!I just called Jack Rosenberg firm, but he is not in now and I left a message. I will try calling him again tomorrow. I will let you know what he says if that's OK!. Thank you!
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure. If you don't mind, please rate my answer positively (three or more stars). That is how experts get credit for their work on this site. I will be happy to continue to assist, even after the rating. Thanks!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Any luck? I want to make sure you are good to go with this issue? Thanks