Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

In the states of California and Colorado, what parameters

Customer Question
are set for cultivating marijuana...
In the states of California and Colorado, what parameters are set for cultivating marijuana at home for resale?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
12/15/2015
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

California law says you must be a caregiver or a user with a doctor's note for any of the following:
AIDS, Anorexia, Arthritis, Cancer, Migraines, Multiple sclerosis, Seizures, or Any other debilitating condition, treats including serious chronic pain or management.

Medical marijuana patients and Their primary caregivers May cultivate up to:

six mature marijuana plants, 12 immature marijuana plants, or With a doctor's recommendation, a greater amount consistent With the patient's reasonable needs.

​Patients and primary caregivers Don't need a medical marijuana ID card in order to cultivate marijuana for the patient's personal use

Let me see what I can find for Colorado.

In Colorado

Patients and/or caregivers with a doctor's note/prescription may cultivate no more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

They cannot possess more than 2 ounces of usable marijuana at any given time.

You cannot cultivate in either state for resale unless you have a permit license to be a Distributor. That comes from the state Health Dept.

what are the requirements to obtain this permit license for distribution?
and how much does it cost?
also, what other requirements are there to be a distributor?

HERE IS the information from Colorado in regard to permit/license and other requirements.

Great, I will review soon enough.
Thank You.

You're welcome. And as I peruse the CA law on permits, distribution, etc it seems they are in flux because it appears that if one wants to sell for profit they need to be in business before the first of the year. But the local counties also have the latitude to create their own ordinances as to procedure for permits, etc. It does not appear to be cut and dry.

I suggest if you contact the Health Dept in the county where you want to be you could get all the information on a permit for profit of sale of MM

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law