Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was off from my employer on 11/24/15. This was presented

Customer Question
I was laid off from...
I was laid off from my employer on 11/24/15. This was presented to me after returning from 12 weeks of FMLA on 10/13/15 due to open heart surgery. Six (6) other employees / positions were eliminated on 11/24/15 along with mine. Do I have any legal recourse? I know Maryland is an "at will" employment state.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
12/12/2015
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a written employment contract? Do you have any reason to suspect that you are being treated differently due to race, religion, ethnicity, etc., or due to the fact that you took FMLA?

Are you online with me?

I am on-line right now

Tina, Lawyer