How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5617
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my part time employment is currently suspended (i.e

Customer Question

If my part time employment is currently suspended (i.e employer pays zero hours per week for my services) for at least a month and without an assurance that the employment will be resumed as usual;
and if the suspension was communicated to me verbally only 4 to 5 days before the suspension took effect
and if I never gave my consent
is this considered a breach of contract and would that allow me to separate from the employer effective immediately without the obligation to fulfill any final requests, which the employer may demand before my departure.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Texas is an employment at will state. That means means you can resign our employment at any time for any reason. Likewise, since it appears the employer has constructively terminated your employment, you could leave the employer and not have to fulfill any final requests.