How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was injured at work last February and have been on a

Customer Question

I was injured at work last February and have been on a workman's comp claim since that time. There is not a problem with my employer but the workman's comp underwriter has denied multiple requests for a second epidural. I have been on modified duty and
will not be able to go back to my past work responsibilities. I am considering pursuing a full disability status but need to know what impact this has on my employer and what restrictions it would place on my future employment possibilities. I wouldn't be
able to survive on disability payments. Thanks for your counsel, D. Barnett
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you pursue full disability, that means that you cannot work any longer and as such it would impair you from getting any new employment until a doctor says you are no longer fully disabled and when that happens, your disability benefits would also decrease or end, depending on any permanent disability rating.
If the insurer is giving you a hard time about paying for treatment they should be paying for, their nurses and social workers who review cases are paid to do that but they are not doctors and not your doctor, so if they are denying you, then you have a right to appeal and if they still refuse you have a right to sue them in workers compensation to get them to pay what they are supposed to pay.
It has no real impact on your employer, this is their insurer and it is between you and your insurer.