Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

Brandon, I have lived with my boyfriend years to the date. I

Customer Question

Hi Brandon, I have lived with my boyfriend for 4 years to the date. I have also worked for him full time + overtime and double time but never got payroll ed only paid under the table. He now has told me to leave. I have no money no job and now I want to know what rights do I have?
Category: Employment Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, Nevada does not give rights to parties in a boyfriend girlfriend live in relationship. Nevada does not recognize common law marriage and a common law marriage cannot be claimed just by living together.
If both of your names are ***** ***** house or the lease, he cannot force you to leave the home. If the home or lease is in his name only, then he can evict you from the property.
Nevada has no laws mandating he pay you any support or pay you to leave, so under NV law, if you leave you leave only with your own property I am sorry to say.