Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was recently fired a cusumer ticket at work. However the

Customer Question
Hi, I was recently fired...
Hi, I was recently fired for deleting a cusumer ticket at work. However the system used at work is outdated. Its always chaos when it concerns monies owed. Literally everyday I had to take money from my own pocket to drop into the safe. I was a supervisor carrying out manager duties. On my shift I was always alone(no coworkers). So yes, mistakes we're made and corrected by me. On my shift I was always alone(no coworkers). I was asked why i did not norify someone. Needless to say when I would call/text my boss he rarely replied. I was "fired" via text message by my gm who has no authority because my boss would always override his decisions at work. Am I entirely at blame for a faulty computer system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
12/7/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Reviewed your facts and I do not see it being just that you were put to blame where there is blame to go around. You should calmly ask employer to reconsider and consider having a lawyer reach out to negotiate a severance or reinstatement based on the facts, and especially if company violated its own policies in terminating. This is a more agressive strategy than you normally would get in an employment at will context.

Kindly let me know if that is clear and if I can clarify anything, ask me.

My employer doesn't believe that there is any problem with his system. Another thing I'd like to point out is that their HR representative had them investigate my cancelled tickets. However she is also the spouse of one of their highly praised enployees who does not really favor me. Do you think there decision was biased?

There appears to be a case for favoritism, and failure to properly account. This often is best handled through lawyer negotiation with HR and management that may not want to risk a labor board complaint or lawsuit.

what would be the most appropriate procedure in making a formal complaint?

Having a lawyer write to HR seeking a meeting to discuss resolution absent court/labor board action.

would you like a directory for finding counsel locally to consider?

I would like a directory.

martindale.com is very good. avvo.com is also helpful.

Good luck.

Kindly rate me positively. Happy holidays.

Is the answer acceptable?

Infolawyer, Lawyer