Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
Experience:  I have significant experience in employment law.
63724254

I am working private 4 year liberal arts university. I am 61

Customer Question

I am working for a private 4 year liberal arts university. I am 61 years of age and believe
I am being singled out.
My director asked me if I came from the class of 1942.
Even though I was given the go ahead to take a Sat off by the VP, the Director chewed me
out the following Monday and threatened to write me up.
I previously had a good performance appraisal.
What constitutes a hostile discriminatory environment
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Hostile work environment occurs when the environment becomes severe and pervasive based upon a protected characteristic such age. At this point, I would document every ingle thing that is being done that makes your work environment uncomfortable to preserve any evidence in case you decided to sue this company. At this point, it may be a stretch based upon the facts provided that your work environment is hostile enough to file suit. It becomes hostile when a reasonable person would no longer be able to subject itself to such environment.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.