How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Employment lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41003
Experience:  30 years in Employment law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employer (lgc) is a temp to re agency and I've been with

Customer Question

My employer (lgc) is a temp to hire agency and I've been with them around two years off and on with little to no problems. But now that i am getting ready to leave them and get hired somewhere there is an issue with my check every week.. Short hours..or like this week they were saying i didnt work at all when i put in 39 hours. Now im running behind on bills and rent and feel like im owed reimbursement for their negligence
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

I am so sorry that they are doing this to you.File a wage complaint here with Indiana Dept. of Labor.

They will get you your back pay and the agency gets fined if they withheld your pay.

File here

You also always have right to sue in small claims court yourself.But try Ind. DOL here first.This should resolve it.

I appreciate the chance to help you let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Damages in a small claims case are limited to $6,000.

File here if you have to as a last resort.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.