Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
20355756

MY UC BENEFITS HAVE BEEN APPEALED DO i NEED A LAWER

Customer Question

Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Typically, most people either cannot afford or do not hire an attorney for unemployment appeals and whether or not you should hire one depends upon how comfortable you are with presenting your own facts and evidence to the unemployment judge who will hear the case. If it is a matter that they are claiming you quit the job, then you have to bring proof that you were either fired or laid off OR the working conditions were so intolerable that you had no choice to leave the employment (that happens when other employees or supervisors are harassing you for no reason and you have some proof to show of it)

-

If you can give me the reason for the appeal I may be able to give you a bit of information regarding what information that you can provide which might help you to win your claim, but without knowing the exact reason why the ex employer is appealing this, it is hard to say whether you need a lawyer to assist you if you can spare the expense.

=

MARY