How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 34479
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you tell me if it is legal to perform same day surgery

Customer Question

Hello. Can you tell me if it is legal to perform same day surgery without preadmission testing? My son is have rotator cuff surgery in morning and has had no testing. It is part of a workman's case and not sure if or why that would effect the situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What sort of tests do you mean? Have you asked the doctor who will be performing the surgery?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His surgeon says he doesn't need pre admission testing. Blood wor, chest X-ray, elf. He is 35 years old...on CPap At night for sleep apnea.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blood work, ekg
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. It is not really a legal matter, other than it being potentially grounds for a malpractice action if something goes wrong in the procedure and it is causally connected to the failure to test.

Otherwise, it is really a question of medical protocol, not law, and you can request a second opinion.

If this is being done on local anesthesia it is certainly possible that such tests may not be indicated, but you vpcan always request a second medical opinion.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?