Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney
26296561

I just got out of Federal Prison after serving 24 years. I

Customer Question

I just got out of Federal Prison after serving 24 years. I was awarded $1,300/mo by Social Security. I also was re-sentenced to a lower term, effective Nov. 1. On the new sentence, I should have been released almost 5 years ago, when I was 64 years old.
My question, AM I ENTITLED TO BACK SOCIAL SECURITY BASED UPON MY NEW SENTENCE PROCLAIMING I SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT AT THAT TIME?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, a person is not eligible to receive any Social Security payments while being incarcerated in prison, even if the person should have been released earlier due to reduction of the sentence.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.