Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I worked in Colorado and received six payroll checks which

Customer Question
have all bounced because of...
I worked in Colorado and received six payroll checks which have all bounced because of non sufficient funds in my employers bank account! I have two checks I have not even submitted because of the previous NSF on the first four! needless to say I no longer work for Appaloosa Trading Company out of Durango Colorado! The owner Michael Gibson is avoiding my phone calls and has not compensated me at all! I am getting extremely upset over this situation! how can I go about getting my Pay! I also have documented overtime he will not address and states hedoes not have to compensate me for that as well!!!! he continues to avoid my calls to get this matter take care of and every time I go tithe bank on which these checks are written off of......They state to me they cannot cash due to NSF! Please direct me as to what I can do? Sincerely ***** ***** year veteran of the USAF!!!! Sally Parrino
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
11/24/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Your recourse here is to immediately file a wage claim with the CO Department of Labor. You can initiate that process online right now using the claim form here. It is important that you do this soon because if your employer is facing financial problems, it's going to become increasingly unlikely that they will have the money to pay what you are owed.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer