Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I work large US investment bank. recently I was inevolved in

Customer Question
hi i work for a...
hi i work for a large US investment bank. recently I was inevolved in an internal investigation about personal trading hided and they are questioning that I am dishonest. while the truth I told is I was negligent not intended to hide, hr person threatened me several times in the interview to terminate me right now. then they threatened me that I should resign myself othwrwise they will organize a disciplinary commitee to dismiss me and may result in damage in my future career. I feel this is very unfairly treated as similar cases of personal tradding wrong doing is very common in my company. as far as I heard pl who did this only get warnings rather than threatening of termination in my case.
how can I protect myself in this case pls?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2015
Employment Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But I do not understand your question. Or, rather, "how can I protect myself" is quite broad. Can you please narrow this? Are you asking if you can be fired because of this?

Tina, Lawyer