Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I work small court. I spoke to the mayor about my pay and

Customer Question

I work for a small court. I spoke to the mayor about my pay and bring skipped 3 times for a promotion that I knew I deserved. The Mayor did nothing for me. He spoke to my main boss ( the chief of police) where I was more less interrogated. I spoke to the mayor as I was advised to do so by my boss the court administrator. I am being harassed and retaliated against. Everyone avoids me and the chief has spoken to the court administrator about making my life a living hell while I'm still employed here. Not sure where to turn.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Before I ask questions about your situation, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in employment law situations, and particularly in Texas, the law is not in favor of the employee. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question bad news. It's true, but sometimes it's not in their favor.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you? If so, what specific question can I assist with?