Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer of 17 years has told me they are breaking my 6

Customer Question
Hello my employer of 17...
Hello my employer of 17 years has told me they are breaking my 6 year contract and there are 3 years remaining. I have never been given any indication I was failing to do my job. They plan to replace my position with another person. They have offered me a assistant position to the new person with less pay. Wondering what my options might be
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
11/17/2015
Employment Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 years ago
retireddebra

What does your contract state about early termination?

problem is there was a revision done to my contract two years ago and I dont have a copy of it.
Employment Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 years ago

Did it allow for early termination?

Can you get a copy?

Do they have to give me a copy if I don't have it?
Employment Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 years ago

Yes.

Please get it and then get back to me.

ok how do I reach you
Employment Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 2 years ago

Just do not reply again now reply again when you have the answer.

Tina, Lawyer