How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 13507
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First all discrimination.second sorting my hours every week

Customer Question

first all discrimination.second sorting my hours every week with my pay stubs to proof it embarrassing me in front of other employess mind you ive been working for thes place sincre 200i1 I have proof from my pay stubs that he shorts me every week yelling screaming and cursing every week in front of emloyess hidididing my pay under the table for his benefit if you check the way the way his wife does payroll hes mis treating and screwing the government
hes treathened nme ansd humuliilatied me aafter I worked my butt off hes been known to pay people under the table to avoid paying taxes he paid off the board of health because his rest. is discuscting people under the table to avoid taxes rats rodent dropings in the food roaches my main deal is a want to sue this pungkfor back pay and his partner ia a herion addict I want my money and if I don't get it these people are gonna have big problems
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

While Florida does not have its own state labor agency, you can file a claim for unpaid wages with the federal Department of Labor. How to file a complaint can be found here:

Alternatively, federal and Florida unpaid wage laws allow private attorneys to recover attorney fees from the employer if the employee had to hire an attorney to recover unpaid wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Attorney’s fees in these claims can sometimes be greater than the unpaid wage claim itself. Because of this, the employer has a greater incentive to resolve an overtime or unpaid wage claim with a private attorney than with the Department of Labor. The DOL is also an understaffed, overworked agency, so claims filed with them directly could potentially take a very long time to process.

Note, however, that in most cases that can be brought under the FLSA, the employee filing the claim has a two-year limit to bring action and recover unpaid wages. However, if the employer’s action is shown to be willful, that limit extends to three years. In the context of the FLSA, that means that an aggrieved employee can recover unpaid wages going back no more than two years (or three for willful violations) from the date a lawsuit is filed. That means if you have unpaid wages from 2011, those would be barred from recovery under the law, unfortunately.

Should you need additional information or clarification, please reply and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.

Related Employment Law Questions