Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was fired reporting a spill.upper management had two

Customer Question
I was fired for not...
I was fired for not reporting a spill.upper management had two spills not reporting it.also serval safety issues. I had guns shot towards me have the shell that landed next to me.reported to upper management they said no worry it is just gun spray.said they would take care of it.shot at two more nights.there much more to explain.do I have rights
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/14/2015
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Unless you have an employment contract that specifies under what conditions that you can be terminated, your employer can terminate you for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the reason for your termination is not based on any one of the prohibited grounds of race, gender, age (40 and over), national origin, religion, or the like.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Either the fact I got fired for the same thing upper management did not reporting it. And the fact that I had to work around gun fire with hazdous material.i know for a fact they did not follow company policy. I did get unpolyment

The employer can terminate you eventhough other co-workers and upper management did not receive the same treatment. The decision to terminate you, but spare others in the similar situation worked in your favor for unemployment. However, that does not mean that the employer could not terminate you.

I stand by my response.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law