How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am red in the United states and was sent overseas to work

Customer Question

I am hired in the United states and was sent overseas to work for that company.While working there my employer was not paying my Wages to the Employment office. Now, my contract is finished and I am back home in the United Stated, I cant claim the unemployment benefits because the wages were not paid to the Unemployment office. I need help to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information, however, it appears your post was cut off. Can you tell me what your legal question is? If you are asking if you are eligible for UI benefits can you tell me what State you were hired in, where the Company is headquartered in and what your contract says about what jurisdiction's (State) law applies to any controversy under the contract? Were you a W-2 employee? Finally, can you tell me why you left employment? Was it the end of your contract?

Related Employment Law Questions