Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer reduced my salary by 25% and asked me to take a

Customer Question
lower position. One of his...
My employer reduced my salary by 25% and asked me to take a lower position. One of his reasons is to overcome financial difficulties, but didn't reduce salaries of other staff and offered a base salary less than my counterparts. He's sent me an offer letter that I need to respond too. I orally countered that i would take less and/or requested 3 months severance.
His response was still the lower position and the lowered compensation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
11/4/2015
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information, can you please tell me what your specific legal question is? Also, do you have a theory as to why you are being offered less money than your counterparts? Do you all have the exact same job and have you been there the exact same amount of time?

Tina, Lawyer