How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a complaint w/PA Dept L&I where my former employer

Customer Question

I filed a complaint w/PA Dept L&I where my former employer held my first paycheck as collateral against used, older computer given to me. I offered at FMV to buy computer out of $2000 paycheck held...OR return and receive full paycheck. PLUS employer paid only 1 month out of 10 my business expenses. BOTH were per Employee Agreement signed by me and employer (as his way..he said he'd send me copies...never did. Then in mid-August he said "cannot pay me anymore" and let me go. So I wanted my monies rightfully due me. As is his history he totally avoided negotiating...with untruths, ignoring signed Employee Agreement. has put a "lock" on the computer and I never got my money...yet sent email, "to negotiate a settlement." Offering absurdly overly high price to keep computer...when I countered with FMV email, text, VM...he would not answer. I just want is fairly, due me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for your information. However, I don't see a specific question about your circumstance. I don't want to start discussing something about which you have no interest. So, please tell me what you would like to know, and I'll try to help.

Thanks in advance for using Justanswer!