TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

WAS LET GO FROM A JOB DUE TO POOR JOB PERFORMANCE. WAS ON

Customer Question

WAS LET GO FROM A JOB DUE TO POOR JOB PERFORMANCE. WAS ON THE JOB JUST 4 WEEKS. CERTIFIED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ONE WEEK BEFORE BEING HIRED FROM AN EARLIER CLAIM. SHOULD I RECIEVE UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FROM THE PREVIOUS CLAIM?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

You should file based upon the most recent job termination, but in order to qualify you will need to provide information regarding your prior employment. The bot***** *****ne is to be upfront as to employment at both jobs. Hopefully, even though you were let go due to poor performance, you were not fired "for cause," which means you did something wrong. If you were fired "for cause," then you may not qualify for unemployment benefits. In any event, you should certainly apply, however.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!