How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I went to work with Merrill lynch in 1955. I worked over 16

Customer Question

I went to work with Merrill lynch in 1955. I worked over 16 years in Boston, receive a promotion in New York City. Having 9 children after a year, I asked to return to Boston and was told nothing was avaliable. I left to take an management job with another firm in Boston, a job not avaliable to me at Merrill lynch. By this time I had a vested pension payable at 65 of $10,000 per year. I never hired a Merrill broker, never took a Merrill customer. As I left the year of Pension reform. Merrill cancelled my pension claiming I went to a competitive firm( a clause never told to me) Approxitaly 6 years I was rehire with my same title of asst. manager manager. Worked a year and left again. Former employee's left and worked for banks,mutual funds and brokers and received their pension. I am now 83 have no pension to speak of. Merrill in good conscience owes me $200,000
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have a case to receive my vested pension?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again.

Unfortunately, I don't have even close to enough information to tell you whether you have a case to receive your pension. It would require a review of all relevant documents, contracts, etc., and also research regarding the statute of limitations. Since I don't have enough information to answer, I will open this question for other attorneys to review. I truly wish you the best.

Related Employment Law Questions