How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 35003
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I told my boss Iam putting in my two weeks. The next work

Customer Question

I told my boss Iam putting in my two weeks. The next work day was not picked up for work after being told they were on the way. I found another job after not being picked up. The last paycheck I recieved from them took over five days to recieve.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not see a question. Do you have a question this evening? Are you asking if they can fire you and not let you have 2 weeks?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Iam asking if It is worth my time to sue for not being paid within 72 hours of being let go.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me, which state is this happening in?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, is it worth the time and money?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.

When an employee is fired, the employer must pay all monies owed to the employee within three business days (this from Alaska Statute 23.05.140)

If they are not following the law? I would file a complaint with the Alaska department of labor. They can sanction the employer and ensure you are paid.l

You can sue as well...but I suspect it would be easier to report to the state and let them engage for you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.