How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks. We are a small company and we normally have our

Customer Question

Thanks for replying . We are a small company and we normally have our employees on a payroll and their pay is processed by a third party "Payroll" company according to the federal and local laws and regulations. We have had one employee on a "Trail Period"
for few days and to be evaluated after specific number of days. This employee worked for 3 weeks and recevied his weekly payments on business "in house checks" without deducting / withholding the taxes, social sec , and other deductions. His evaluation is
no match to the basic or minimum standards of the job and he left the job. on the employer's side we would like to know if we are required to pay and is there any way we can do that if required ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Pay what - his wages for the time he worked?

What do you mean how do you do that?