Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I'm working as a caregiver living in since may in Needham,

Customer Question
MA. I came from Florida...
I'm working as a caregiver living in since may in Needham, MA. I came from Florida and I never heard about domestic workers'Bill. I working 24 hours a day and I have 12 hours off on Sundays, but She discount my hours. I just receive 12 hours. I never received overtime, and Saturdays and Sundays is the same per hour. I received 9.75 . How can you help me in this case ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
10/22/2015
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here the law changed January 1, 2015 you must be paid at least minimum wage and overtime over 40 hours at one and a half times your hourly rate.

You would file a complaint here with DOL and get your back pay.The employer can be fined as well.

Law for reference..

http://www.dol.gov/whd/homecare/agencies-what-are-requirements.htm

File DOL complaint here.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/HowToFileAComplaint-eng.pdf

You can be paid here for all your overtime that you haven't been paid.File your complaint today.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Ray, Employment lawyer